According to The Times of London, Prince Charles believes Andrew has no chance of returning to public life.
Andrew was accused of sexual assault by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who filed a lawsuit against him.
According to the publication, the case will harm the monarchy’s image.
Prince Charles Comes to Prince Andrew’s Defence
According to The Times of London, Prince Charles believes Prince Andrew has no chance of returning to public life following the sexual assault charges leveled against him.
According to the journal, Charles believes Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s lawsuit has brought “unwelcome reputational damage to the institution,” according to an unnamed person close to the prince.
On Monday, Giuffre filed a complaint against Andrew in New York, accusing him of sexually assaulting her when she was 17 at Jeffrey Epstein’s residence in 2001.
“The prince adores his brother and is able to empathize with the trials and tribulations that he faces, whatever the reasons may be. His capacity to help and empathize with others who are going through a difficult period is well known “The Times of London obtained the information from a source.
“However, the institution’s reputation will suffer as a result of this. He’s known for a long time that it’s an intractable problem “Added the source. “This will almost certainly reinforce in the prince’s mind that there is no way back for the duke, because the specter of this [accusation] raises its head with horrific regularity.”
In November 2019, only four days after discussing his connection with Epstein on BBC “Newsnight,” the Duke of York resigned down from royal responsibilitieshttps://www.insider.com/prince-andrew-stepping-away-royal-2019-11.
While rumors at the time indicated the royal family “forced” Andrew to leave, a spokesman for Andrew previously told Insider that it was a “personal decision” taken following conversations with the Queen, the Prince of Wales, and others.
Andrew was considering returning to royal responsibilities in the future, according to the Sunday Times in October 2020.
Andrew was “thinking out how he might serve his nation and support the monarchy in the future,” a source close to him told royal journalist Roya Nikkhah at the time.
The Prince of Wales and the Duke of York’s representatives did not immediately reply to Insider’s request for comment.
Get more entertainment drama at Entertainment News!