Woman and 2 Year Son Die from Fall At Petco Park


A lady and her small boy died in a fall from the third level of San Diego’s Petco Park on Saturday afternoon as spectators were arriving for a Padres game.
According to homicide Lt. Andra Brown of the San Diego Union-Tribune, the 40-year-old mother and her 2-year-old were declared dead at the site following the roughly six-story fall to the sidewalk on Tony Gwynn Drive. They were declared dead at 4:11 p.m. Pacific time, just minutes before the Padres were scheduled to play the Atlanta Braves. The woman’s and child’s identities were not disclosed, but authorities said they were both from San Diego.According to police Lt. Adam T. Sharki of the Union-Tribune, the boy’s father was at the ballpark, and the lady and kid were at a concession stand on the concourse. Brown added that police were eager to speak with anybody who could have been around and might “give the family some comfort,” adding that the event “looked to be suspicious.”
“Obviously, our hearts go out to the family, but also to the individuals here who may have been traumatized as a result of seeing this,” Brown said. “It’s a dreadful, dreadful thing. That’s why we’re giving it our full attention.”Fans expressed their outrage on social media and found it impossible to concentrate on the game. One user tweeted, “[I don’t care] what happens with this game.” “After hearing what occurred here today, I’m not alright. Hug everybody you can reach by foot or car… And for no other reason than that they are capable of reciprocating the embrace. Please. Wear your heart on your sleeve and feel more courageous as a result. Please.”
The child fell from an area with dining tables, and the lady fell as she tried to grasp the youngster, according to one guy who begged not to be identified by the Union-Tribune.

In a statement, Padres vice president of communications Craig Hughner stated, “We are terribly grieved by the loss of life at Petco Park yesterday evening.” “Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims’ families. We will continue to refrain from commenting on the specifics of the event while the San Diego Police Department is conducting an investigation.”

Source of information of news (The Washington Post)

For the latest news check out News at Catch The Fame